Drop ship is a method of truck transfer and final delivery. A chassis is selected or ordered directly from the manufacturer and delivered directly to Auto Truck. This reduces the amount of time to begin upfitting the chassis with the customer's desired equipment since it cuts out the middle step of delivery to a dealer. Once the truck is completed, it is then delivered directly to the customer or dealer for delivery. Drop Ship is also used in cases when ship-through is not possible due to the size of the completed truck. Trucks that cannot physically fit back into the ship-through carriers are often drop shipped instead.
Nissan Ship Through Codes
1) Auto Truck – Fort Wayne X2491
2) Auto Truck - Louisville X2490
3) Auto Truck – Colorado Springs X2489
4) Auto Truck - Denver X2488
5) Auto Truck – KC Harlem X2487
6) Auto Truck – Fort Worth X2486